In 2001, 2004 and 2011 we held Narrow But Nice in conjunction with the Surrey Area Group of the 009 Society. They’re not in a position to assist this year, so we’re gong to have Narr-O in 2014 instead!
Come and join us on Saturday 16th August 2014 to enjoy a 7mm Narrow Gauge Association Area Group Member’s Day run by the Surrey Area Group. There will be at least ten layouts, of varying scales and gauges but all narrow gauge, plus society stands and trader stalls.
Tea, coffee and home made cake will also be available to purchase. This is our first attempt at show-casing narrow gauge railway modelling in Surrey. The East Surrey Model Railway Club, who meet at the hall, will also be opening their large 00 layout for display.
The venue is Merstham Village Hall, Station Approach North, Merstham, Surrey RH1 3ED which is very close to Merstham station on the London to Brighton main line and buses run between Croydon and Redhill, stopping nearby. There is also a car park but it’s not huge.
The times are 10:00 opening until 16:00 closing, giving us time to clear the hall and adjourn to the pub across the road for a swift half.
Admission is £4 for adults, £2 for children or £10 for a family ticket
- Bodgit & Much Pottering – Brian Cameron
- Old Tom’s Mine – Michael Reed
- Nether End – Roger Jones
- Touchwood – Nick Pidgley
- Watchet Town – Peter Jackson
- Crackington Quay – Howard Martin
- St Petrock Quay – Angus Bentley
- Allbroke – Douglas Meaney
- Burns Junction – Brian Daly
- East Surrey Model Railway Club
- Lower Chaldon
- 7mm Narrow Gauge Association
- 16mm Narrow Gauge Modelling Association
- Crawley Model Railway Society
- 3mm Scale Model Trains – Scenic items, plastic and metal modeling materials, motor bogies
- 7mm NGA Modelling Goods
- Michael Tucker – Model Buildings
- The Avalon Line